Australian Idol winner Kate DeAraugo has confessed her love for gay clubs, admitting she was thrown out of Stonewall on a wild night with the Young Divas!
“I have so many memories of this place,” she told Matty Harrison on OX Live.
“Some were with the Divas. I do remember one night Paulini and I, I think we were actually asked to vacate.”
Kate has opened up about her dark days with drugs following her success on Idol, and is now back in the spotlight with new single ‘Shut Your Mouth’.
Kate is also performing live and free for HIV Testing Week in NSW from 30 May- 7 June 2015.
HIV Testing Week is about encouraging people to know their HIV status by testing more regularly, and this year Paulini, Kate DeAraugo, Emily Williams, Melissa Tkautz and Cosima De Vito are touring the state in support.
The EASY TOUR will take place in the following 7 locations:
- Sat 30 May: Surry Hills (Collins Street Reserve – next to Surry Hills Library) | 12pm-8pm
- Sun 31 May: Bondi Pavilion | 12pm-6pm
- Mon 1 June: Newtown (off King St/Australia Ave) | 3pm-10pm
- Tues 2 June: Parramatta (Centenary Square/Church St Arcade) | 10am-6pm
- Wed 3 June: Campbelltown (Lithgow Street Mall) | 10am-6pm
- Thurs 4 June: Wollongong (Crown St Mall/Eat Street Markets) | 5.30pm-9pm
- Fri 5 June: Newcastle (Customs House Plaza) | 4pm-10pm
If you are near any of these areas, come along and help spread the word by tweeting or posting photos on Instagram from this event using #endinghiv.