If you’re hoping to catch some badly dubbed Ru Paul’s on your next trip to Bali – think again.
Indonesia has just banned ‘effeminate’ men from appearing on television. Graham Norton and Joel Creasey – we THINK that means you??
The Indonesian Broadcasting Commission has issued a directive after ‘complaints’ from viewers. The new rules ban:
- Feminine body language exhibited by men, including, but not limited to, walking style, sitting style, hand gestures and other behaviors
- Men speaking in a feminine way
- Men wearing feminine fashion
- Men wearing feminine make-up
- Depicting justifications or promoting that men can behave effeminately
- Depicting a man greeting another man in ways that are supposed to be for women
- Depicting terminologies and colloquial terms that are often used by effeminate males
Apparently it can all encourage kids to behave the same.
What the actual Indonesia?